Monday, March 23, 2009

Practicing our Blogging Skills!

Okay, so now that you know what a blog is, keep in mind what makes a good blog post. Remember, you are representing Forest North with everything that you type! Make sure your posts are:


  • Thoughtful and proven from the text


  • Spelled as best as you know how


  • In complete sentences


Your first assignment is to read the two poems below and answer this question: Did Mrs. Merz forgive Carmen? What words from the text make you think the way you do?



Poems from This is Just to Say by Joyce Sidman.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Mrs. Merz did forgive Carmen because, in the poem, it sounded like she forgave her and sounds like a person who forgives others for their actions,or their comments

Anonymous said...

I think that Mrs.Merz forgave Carmen because she said "These few warm words." I think 'warm words' means nice or caring words. Then she says "spring sunlight fills the room." That kind of makes me think that Mrs.Merz feels warm or happy inside. Those are like forgiving words, so I think she forgave Carmen.

Anonymous said...

I liked it because Mrs.Merz was understanding and did not get mad,also she was prabaliy happy she said sorry.I was a little confuesed on "My dress turns to sky." Why did she say it?

Anonymous said...

I think Mrs.Merz forgave Carmen because Mrs.Mraz said "just these few warm words" after she got Carmens letter.

Anonymous said...

I think Mrs.Merz forgave Carmen because she said these words"And spring sunlight fills the room;my dress turns to sky!